Saturday, February 03, 2007

A little trip to Hvolsvöllur and an explosion in the kitchen


The past few days have been rough, my legs are killing me. So I must admit that I wasn't in the mood to drive when I had to go to Hvolsvöllur today to pick up Hilda and a couple of other kids. They were there in a training camp in athletics. When I started the trip I was feeling rather gloomy, but as it turned out, it was quite fun to drive through a winter wonderland for 1 1/2 hours. Hilda and the two girls that came with us were in high spirits at first but soon grew rather quiet... they fell asleep, small wonder as the had been training all day :-) Well, I decided to treat myself by buying barbeque ribs for dinner. I put them in the oven in a deep ovenware dish and after the due time took it out and put the ribs on my plate. I then put the ovenware dish in the kitchen sink where it exploded the second I put it down ! Pang ! Glass flew everywhere ! I just stood there, stunned. Ok, I would have understood it if I had put the dish down in cold water or something, but the sink was dry. Anyways. My vacum cleaner died last Saturday so I had to sweep the floor and pick up all the shards in the sink by hand. I put them all in a cardboard box. As I turned to get tape to seal it, I lost hold of it and dropped it on the floor. GREAT ! And I cut my toe while picking up all the pieces again ! Sigh. At least I got to enjoy the beautiful scenery today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ufff, ekki godur dagur hja ther Svava min.
Vid erum oll a hressast herna sem betur fer. :)
kaerkvedja,
Huld og co

8:58 PM  
Blogger Steingerdur hin storskorna said...

Oh What beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day! The hills are alive with the sound of music.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home