Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekends are good for recharging batteries :-)

Yet again a great weekend :-) The fun started Friday when I had dinner with my friend Sif. We bought grill spears with lamb and pork, salad and baked potatoes and some ice cream for dessert. We devoured all this with style, but were forced to lie the rest of the evening in the sofa with Overeaters Anonymous on the speed dial ! BURP. Maybe we should have settled for a smaller portion :-) Sif put the Muppet Show, season 1 in the DVD and we had so much fun, taking a trip down memory lane :-D. Saturday I showed up at 11 in the morning (yaaaawn) to partcipate in a cleaning and beautification program in my neighbourhood, arranged by the new mayor of Reykjavík. I spent two hours picking up garbage and then, having done my civic duty, left for Akranes with my sister Steingerður. Once there we picked up our friend Gurrí and went to a museum where we saw a great rock and mineral collection. Many of the stones were found when they were digging the Hvalfjörður tunnel. Great collection, I recommend seeing it. When we were leaving we spotted a fire by the outskirts of the town. We were curious enough to drive over there to look, but then left to buy something yummy at the bakery. The afternoon was spent in Gurrí's heaven where we feasted on pastries, drank coffee and chatted away. Saturday evening it was party time !!! Árni, my friend Silla's husband, was celebrating his 40th birthday in Hafnarfjörður. We had a great time, drinking mead, beer etc, and eating great meat soup. The party had a viking theme, the birthday boy was in full gear :-) Sunday was rather relaxed. I went shopping with Sif until we both were to sleepy to continue. In the evening I went to Júlíana and we played Carcassone and Ingenious and surprisingly ate mostly carrots ! So, fun fun fun and a lot of activity ! Must go to bed early, still tired after the weekend !

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg Finnegan said...

My, what a busy time! I enjoyed the story, it is very well written, and I can tell that you had a great (and filling!) time.

-Greg Finnegan

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home