Sunday, May 14, 2006

Party time - excellent !

Last night I was at the annual dinner/ball/festivity arranged by my workplace. In preparation for the event I had a hair make-over a la my friend Silla, at her saloon in Hafnarfjörður, on Friday. As always, I stepped (hobbled on crutches) out of her chair with a big smile on my face :-) That girl really knows how to do wonders with my hair :-) Júlíana was my private chauffeur that day. Not only did she drive me in her car, but also wheeled me around in a wheelchair in the Smáralind mall. I was looking for an outfit for Saturday night, but we found nothing agreeable. So, on Saturday me and my friend Sif went to Kringlan mall on a mission to find something, with the clock ticking since she had to be back to take care of her daughter as her father watched an important football game :-) It was kind of funny to see us together, a pregnant woman pushing an invalid in a wheelchair in fashion shops :-) The mission was successful, we found a skirt and a top suitable for the occation :-) My darling Helga and her boyfriend Dóri picked me up in the afternoon for a pre-party hosted by Árný, the head of the public health inspection. It was great to meet my co-workers again, some I hadn't seen in six weeks. Then we left for the main event, that was in Reykjavík city center. There I had many a merry meeting with co-workers, getting hugs and kisses and everything :-) The evening was great fun and I enjoyed it so much. But when I came home a little before 1 o'clock, my left ankle had turned purple... and is the size of an elephant's foot. So, Sunday will be spent in peace and quiet. And for those wondering why I'm writing this after 4 o'clock in the night.... I drank way to much coffee after dinner, am wide awake and can't sleep ! Silly Svava !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home