Monday, April 10, 2006

A cripple with a cast on crutches in a confirmation party

Today I braved the stairs and went to a confirmation party. My cousin Gunnhildur's son Þorvaldur was the one being confirmed. On arrival I greeted the family and then sat me down at a table where I sat the whole evening without moving. The party was like a huge family reunion, a lot of my cousins were there and of course my aunt Svava, the grandmother of the confirmant. As always when this family meets there were lots of funny remarks and witty replies to be heard and enjoyed. I managed to spill two glasses of soda on our table and thus earned a few remarks from friendly relatives. I gave my camera to my sister Helen so she could take pictures of everybody for me. She walked around and dutifully snapped pictures of every relative in sight... or so she thought ! Actually, she never pushed the button fully down, and thus didn't take a single picture :-) Dinner was delicious and the chocolate cake was a wonderful dessert. MMmmmmmm. Great company and great food, only drawback was the bloody leg keeping me from mingling. After the party I had to climb the stairs again. Eeeek ! I managed to do it, but lay panting in my bed afterwards. The broken leg is a bit tired after this experience, I shall not move my butt tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gunnella said...

Mmmm feel for you with the leg... am however picturing me, a few years back, with both my feet in full cast and you constantly tripping over them, kickin them and so forth ;-P

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home