Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Sunday drive, only on a Saturday

Today I went with my mother and three of my sisters for a drive to some of the small communities southeast of Reykjavík. When I was a child, we usually took trips like that on Sunday, but Saturday with sunshine will do just fine. With me in the car was Steingrímur Páll, my support child, that is staying with me this weekend. My sister Svanhildur also had her boyfriend and two children with her. First we went to Hveragerði, where we spent some time waiting for Svanhildur and her family to show up, late as always :-) Then we decided to drive to the eco-village Sólheimar in Grímsnes. In this small community handicapped people live beside healthy ones, and they grow ecological vegetables and sell all sorts of handmade objects. They also have a coffee house where we enjoyed a coffee and a kleina (icelandic pastry) before we went shopping in the store. Then we drove to Stokkseyri, where we ate dinner at the restaurant Fjöruborðið, that specializes in lobster meals. I had lobster soup, mmmmmm, both me and Steingrímur liked it very very much ! After a lovely meal I drove home, but by then my righ hip was hurting bad and my ankle sore ! Hmmmmm, I am not good at driving for a long time any more ! Still, a great day and great soup :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Steingerdur hin storskorna said...

I wish I had seen you crawling like a spider up the stairs groaning: „The pain, the pain.“ That would have been a worthy sight.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home