Sunday, September 03, 2006

Weekend report: birthdays are in :-)

Friday I went to Akranes with my sister Steinka and our friend Gurrí. Gurrí invited us to dinner and we had delicious fish and salat. Mmm, thanks Gurrí :-) We had sooo much fun watching Gurrí's cats chasing a small red laser dot around the living room. I laughed so much I almost wet my pants :-) The bigger cat, Tommi (see below) was so clumsy :-) Saturday it was birthday bash time ! My sister Svanhildur turned 38, but the party was also for Óli and Steinar, since there was never a good time to throw a party for them in August. The refreshments were excellent as usual and as usual I ate way too much. Little Steinar has learned to walk and it was so much fun to watch him move about :-) Óli was in high spirits and enjoyed being surrounded by the family. Sunday I took care of some unfinished buisness. I buried my darling Clooney that has actually been in my freezer since his untimely death in December (ahemm, blush). And resting with him is Spiderman, Hilda's hamster that died in May 2005 and has thus spent a looong time in the freezer (major blush). Then it was birtday-partytime again! Aron Ingi, son of my friend Ágústa, turns 3 tomorrow. So, it was goodies and cakes again (mmm) and some nice chat and gossip with the gang. Good weekend altogether, and veeery rich in calories :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home