Thursday, August 31, 2006

Operation Svava's wire-removal: A success !

Yes ! It's over and it went really well. No ill effects from the anesthesia, unlike the past 4 times (yes, this was my 5th surgery in 3 years !). I must admit this was not a pleasant experience though. Even though everybody in the operating room were really nice I felt very uneasy. It is also a creepy feeling when your body starts to feel the effects of the drugs being pumped into you. Ugh... weird sensation. And then poof ! You wake up in recovery, dased and confused. Nurses asking you if you are alright and it's difficult to answer them because you tongue is still heavy. The operation was at 10:30, over at 11:00 and I woke up at 12:15. Then it took until 4 o'clock before the effects of the anesthesia had worn off enough for me to keep my eyes open for more than 10 seconds :-) The leg feels just fine, I feel almost no pain and can return back to work on Monday. I can remove the bandages on Sunday and the stiches on the 13th of September. So, at the end of the day, I am happy. And very, very relieved :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home