Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Mission possible

The days crawl by at an anoyingly slow pace. Friday it will be 8 weeks since the accident. And it will also mark the passing of two weeks since I got rid of the cast and got the orders not to use the left foot for another 2-3 weeks. So, I'm going to be diplomatic and start to try the foot after 2 1/2 weeks. So my mission of surviving staying at home, stuck in my room, suddenly seems less impossible, actually moving over to the possible category. Watching the lobsters fight might sound exciting to some, but after almost 8 weeks it has lost its glory. So, another week, give or take a couple of days, then the big day comes... I will walk again ! Slowly, limping, in pain.... but walking none the less :-) Anyways, I had a great weekend. Hilda was home, she started her week here by taking a class trip to Lake Laugavatn. She came home on Friday :-) On Saturday we watched Eurovision, celebrating Finlands victory. On Sunday Magnea visited us with her daughter Eyrún. Magnea brought bread and cheese, mmmm. After enjoying the refreshments and a good chat, I got Magnea to drive me and Hilda to the cinema (thanks Magnea). There we were met by Svanhildur, Guðlaug and little Aron, my sister's Magga's grandchild, and we went to see Mission impossible 3. We enjoyed the film, although it was rather predictable sometimes. But argh, I was in pain when I got home. The right leg isn't up to much action :-( So, I rounded up the weekend with a couple of parkodin forte painkillers. Must remember.... only a week left !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vikan verdur snogg ad lida. Thu ert buin ad endast i 8 vikur og ein i vidbot er ekki neitt. :)
kvedja,
Huld og co

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home