Sunday, August 28, 2005

Berries and babies

I had a great weekend. Steingrímur was staying with me and he was is such high spirits :-) He laughed and talked and played, he even said the most important word in the whole wide world: VAVA ! (vava=svava, of course :-)) So, I was really happy that my little friend is doing better, one medicine was taken away and then he feels MUCH better. Way to go Steingrímur :-) On Friday Magnea came over and we had a scrapbooking session, followed by a game of Carcassone. Very nice indeed, btw interesting to observe that when scrapbooking we never give ourselves time to stop and eat candy. Slimming activity, scrapbooking :-) On Saturday we went to Selatangar to pick some berries. My mother came, my sisters Steinka and Magga, Hilda and Guðlaug and of course Steingrímur. MMmmmm, me like picking berries ! And there was PLENTY there. I picked a boxfull and then started to stuff them directly in my face :-) The weather was great, sunshine and little wind. Wonderful ! On Sunday we went to Sif to visit her and Arna Ösp. Arna had a cold but was ready to give us some smiles and was very cheerful. Then we went to a playground and met Óli and family. Óli was looking fierce, with sand around his mouth :-) To round up a great weekend, my friend Gunnella visited. She brought with her a gift, a book called The Lord of the Rings Sketch book, by Alan Lee. SIGNED by him :-) For those who do not know, he is an artist that has illustrated both LOTHR and The Hobbit, and worked as a decorator on the films and really designed the films look. Me love Gunnella, yes yes ! But now, off to sleep, very tired now. Taaaah !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home