Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Play that funky music white boy, or play that "fucking" music as someone I know sang yesterday. It is quite funny how we sometimes get the lyrics wrong and the error just gets glued to your brain. Years can pass and you only find out when someone pokes fun at you for your gross stupidity :-)) One of my friends use to listen to the Queen song "Who wants to live forever" and when the line "when love must die" was sung, she heard it as "I love my style" Muahahahhahah ! She always thought this line was kind of out of character, years later she found out the truth :-) The most famous error is of course from the classic Jimi Hendrix hit "Purple haze". Hendrix sings " 'scuse me while I kiss the sky" but a lot of people around the world heard him sing " ´scuse me while I kiss this guy" Slight mistake, but a great difference in meaning :-) Jimi Hendrix was well aware of this and even sang the song with the "wrong" line at concerts occationally. So, anyone has any similar stories to share ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home