Monday, October 20, 2003

I´M BACK FROM THE USA !!!

Yes, I survived the dark continent ! But not without a brush with airport security. My luggage and my person got searched over and over again. When I arrived at Boston Logan Airport, the customs inspectors thought my Christmas present to my mother was something very sinister and made me step aside to inspect my bag. They looked disappointed when they saw the "coiled metal object" they were worried about was just a Christmas decoration. I also got stopped at the security gate when trying to hurry to my connecting flight. I had to take of my shoes and have them x-rayed. Grrrd. On my way back the searched my suitcase, then I passed the security checkpoint and finally they searched me before they let me board the plane. Svava, the international terrorist. Sigh.
The conference was at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in Durham, NC. The woods surrounding the hotel were teeming with life, I saw deers, birds, butterflies and other interesting insects. A wonderful place for a biologist. The conference was good, I learned a lot and didn't fall asleep during sessions. Still, after 3 days of odour problems and waste treatment it was wonderful to head home.
So, now it's Iceland and work again. Sigh. Too bad my brain isn't working....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home