Monday, May 05, 2003

Lovely weekend ! It was quite uneventful until Sunday, when I went for a walk with Hilda and my sister Steingerður. We went to the fjord Hvalfjörður and walked along the banks of the river Brynjudalsá. The sun was shining, we found flowers in the hills and saw some beautiful waterfalls and rock formations. We decided to cross a bridge and walk back to the car on the other bank of the river, as we remembered that there was another bridge further up the river. Only when we came to the spot where we could see the car on the other side of the river we realized that the other bridge was still VERY far away ! Not wanting to walk that far we decided to wade across the river. My sister took of her socks and shoes and started wading without a moments hesitation. Only she forgot that river stones can be very slippery......and the next thing I knew she was sitting on top of some stones in the river, wet from the waste down !!! :-)) Needless to say, me and Hilda laughed our head off :-) I managed to get me and Hilda across the river in a mostly dry condition. Steingerður had to sit on her sweater on the way back so the car seat wouldn't get wet :-) Ahhh, the great outdoors....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home