Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas with a little electrical problem :-)

Christmas was good as always. I arrived at my sister's house just before six and my mother was busy cooking in the kitchen. Everything was going according to plan, then poof ! No electricity ! We had to call out the emergency shift at the electrical company that saved us after half an hour blackout. So, dinner was a little late but tasted great anyway. Then it was time to open the presents. Óli and Steinar really enjoyed that part. They were a bit overwhelmed by all the new toys and stuff but managed to get all the gifts opened. After the presents it was time for the annual hot chocolate party at my mother's place, where the whole family gathers to enjoy real hot chocolate and goodies made by my mum. Mmmmm, really really good. Afterwards I came home and started reading one of the 4 books I got for Christmas. I also got 2 new games, a bathrobe, a necklace, Depeche Mode greatest hits, a Sake set and a buddist deity picture. The rabbit was glad to have me home and I gave him more of his special Chrismas lettuce :-) On Christmas day I went to mother's again for the traditional hangikjöt (smoked lamb). Mmmmm, really really good. Am now lying in bed, trying to digest all of this. I have eaten more than a weeks rations for a poor third world family, I'm afraid. Still more to come !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home