Monday, April 17, 2006

Scrabble scrabble and some more fun

Three of my sisters; Helen, Magga and Svanhildur came and played Scrabble with me on Saturday. Playing Scrabble is something we do regularly and have for many years. A game always includes some bantering, insults and countless atempts to get pure gibberish accepted as real words, especially when a triple word score is involved :-) This time was no different. Some desperate attempts to credit a silly word were made with the aid of my dictionary. To my pure enjoyment I hit jackpot - my word actually excisted ! Ýr = means to ridicule someone. Yes, and it was on a triple word score :-) The letter Ý gives 9 points. Nice :-) Unfortunately, my sister Magga won the first game, but I managed to win the next one (inside was a happy woman jumping around with joy, but in reality I just kept to the sofa). In the evening Júlíana brought me leftovers from her daughter's birthday party. Mmmmmm, veeeeeery nice :-)
On Sunday I had a visit from my friends Sif and Gunna. Gunna had her son Óskar with her. We chatted away and had some candy and popcorn. Just what I needed after gobbling up the easter egg :-) So, Sunday was not spent in solitude and misery :-) My sister Magga sent me the Easter dinner, lamb with all the trimmings. Mmmmmmm ! So happily I go to sleep, after watching the film Bananas by Woody Allen. And from now on the national language of Iceland is swedish, everyone shall change their underwear every half hour and wear it on the outside. And oh yes, ever child that is under 16 is now 16 ! Good night !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home