Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Shaken, not stirred

Today, at 14:31, the earth moved.... in a rather sharp and abrupt manner. I was sitting by the computer when all of a sudden there was a loud bang and the whole building shook for a brief moment. We were all going: what was that ? But being icelanders, we soon figured out that this was an earthquake. So, we started guessing the magnitude and the origin of the quake. My guess was 4 on the Richter scale, originating at Lake Kleifarvatn. As it turned out, it was 4,6, origin Krýsuvík. Actually, Krýsuvík is very close to Kleifarvatn, so at least I was right about the general area :-) I think quakes are fun. Simply because I have never had a negative experience with one. My opinion might change if something drops on my head in the aftershakes ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home