Sunday, February 26, 2006

A weekend stay in the Westfjords

On Friday I flew to Ísafjörður, the biggest town in Vestfirðir (Westfjords). I was there to measure noise from a café due to numerous complaints. The public health office in the area does not own a sound level meter, so they "borrowed" me to do the job. I spent the nights at Hótel Ísafjörður in a nice bed and eating great dinner :-) The local health inspector, Anton, took me sightseeing, this being my first visit to this part of the country. I got to see the towns Súðavík, Flateyri, Suðureyri and Bolungarvík. I must come back this summer to explore the area, the mountains and the nature is just amazing. The weather was excellent, not a hint of wind and sunshine all day. Wunderbar ! We got the job done, and today I flew back to Reykjavík, happy after a good trip :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gunnella said...

SO which cafe ;-) might be owned by one of my mums cousins :-D

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home