Friday, January 20, 2006

Back from Denmark - nothing was rotten there, not even their cheese :-)

Got back from Denmark this afternoon, after an irritating two hour delay due to a de-ising queue at Kastrup airport. The trip was good, though at times a bit tiring. I flew to Kastrup on Tuesday, and foolishly walked to the domestic terminal for my connecting flight. Yes, I now know it lies far from the international terminal, and yes, I know there is a free bus that drives there (never you mind !). I flew with Cimber Air (no, never heard of that airline before) to Jylland, to Karup airport. There a taxi awaited me to take me to Låsby Kro, the hotel I had booked outside Silkeborg. The hotel turned out to be a nice old country inn with later time additions that both had comfort and rustic charm. I ate a delicious dinner there, mmm, and the portions were not small no no no. MMMmmmm. Only downside was that the room was freezing cold. And I couldn't get myself out of the warm bed to go to the reception to complain. Ah well. The next morning I shared a taxi with a ridiculously beautiful man to Silkeborg. Mmmm, that was a pleasant experience. Too bad I had to leave him in Silkeborg ! I took the train to Herning where I spent the day at Agromek 2005, a huge agricultural equipment expedition. I was there with bank executives from the bank that owns one pig farm that I monitor. We looked at various solutions for odour problems from pig farms. In the afternoon I flew back to Copenhagen and was picked up by my friend Hildur. I stayed with her and her boyfriend Sören. Sören and my friend Jakob made dinner, Sören maybe being a little to enthusiastic, as he cut his finger badly during the culinary exercises. Jakob took him to the hospital after dinner to have him stitched together again. Mmmm, dinner was gooood. The next morning I overslept ! Still, I got my butt out of the house and I visited the usual haunts in Copenhagen; Miljöstyrelsen (the Environmental agency), Miljökontrollen (Environmental office) and others. It was freezing cold in the city, so I had to flee into a pub to warm up over a beer :-) Hildur and Sören met me there and I went with them to a couple of game shops, and bought two mini extentions for Carcassone (yes, I know I am obsessed !). Repeat delicious dinner in the evening, without Sören cutting into any parts of his body though :-) Then this morning it was good-bye, snuff snuff ! But I threatened to visit again.... I could see them running out of the airport screaming... MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home