Saturday, March 05, 2005

Steinar Pétursson, 05.01.1921-04.03.2005

My father died yesterday evening. He was very poorly the last week and it is a real relief that he doesn't have to suffer anymore. It is still so very very painful to loose him. Memories come flooding to me, of me going swimming with him, trying to get in to the hottest hot tub with him but not quite daring. And driving to the harbour, always afraid that dad would drive to close to the edge. Remembering him bringing gifts from abroad when he was working on the cargo ships. The chocolate that fell in to the harbour but we still ate it, and the metal crocodile he bought me once. The time he was driving my sister home but forgot her and drove away with only her son in the car. So many memories, so hard to think we are never going to meet again. My heart is broken.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss.
Huld & family.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Björg said...

Ég samhryggist þér og fjölskyldunni innilega.
x x x x x x

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Svava,
I am at a loss for words. I only wish I could be there for you if nothing else. My heart is with you and your family.
Cindy and family

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home