Monday, January 24, 2005

Happy birthday to me !!

Today is my 33rd birthday !! Amazing I made it so far, considering how my luck has been the last couple of years ! The day begun when a very nice 6yr old called me and wished me happy birthday and sang the birthday song for me. He then asked me how old I was and when I told him he went WOOOOW ! Older than my mother !! Hmmm, must talk to my friend Sigrún about teaching your kid to be sensitive to aging women :-) Very nice start of the day, and since then the phone hasn't stopped ringing and the text messages are piling up. Not to mention e-mail cards. And of course the clock at work that plays the birthday song when you check in at the beginning of the work day. My co-worker Tommi even bought me a cake and my dear friend Jakob in Denmark sent me some lovely flowers (see picture). After work I went to a restaurant with Hilda, my sister Svanhildur and her family. Very very cozy. Then visited my mum and got a present. My darling Hilda gave me the latest James Patterson novel, mum gave me spoons and a vegetable steam-cooking thingy, and my sister Svanhildur gave me a book on card games. HAPPY HAPPY DAY ! Despite the prognosis, this was according to the international press supposed to be the worst day of the year ! Well, if all the rest are going to be better, I'm in for some fun !

1 Comments:

Blogger Gunnella said...

Til Hamingju knúsidúllu kjúklingurinn minn með heitu karamellulakkríssósunni og rjóma!!!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home