Monday, December 06, 2004

Christmas baking a la Steinarsdaughters

Sunday was spent with my sisters, baking christmas cookies, laughing, telling nasty jokes and drinking coffee. I brought 2 different kinds of dough, made with the kind help of Jói Fel, Icelands most famous baker. I thought up the devious plan of buying ready-made dough when my sister Steinka suggested we should get together and bake some cookies. Only I found out yesterday that two other sisters had that same, cunning plan. So much for being original :-) The two eldest obviously got all the baking genes, they made their own dough. I cut my Jói Fel dough into cookie-sized pieces and put them on the baking plate, who says baking needs to be a lot of work ? :-) At the end of the day we had 6 different kind of cookies divided between 5 sisters. Enough to munch on, at least until Christmas.... I hope.... Mmmmmmmm, cookies (slurp)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home