Monday, September 29, 2003

A great weekend ! Here are the highlights:
Friday: Went to a pub with my friend Sigrun and to the movie Pirates of the Carribean afterwards. Great movie, Johnny Depp was so much fun :-)
Saturday: I woke uncharacteristically early and went for a walk with my sister Steingerdur.at 10 in the morning. The walk was organized by Reykjaviks Tree planting society (Skograektafélagid). The aim was to identify the tallest trees in Fossvogsdalur and in Fossvogscemetary. The aim was also to a little birdwatching, I managed to see a blackbird that is a recent addition to the icelandic fauna. After lunch I went to Thingvellir with my mother and my sisters Margrét and Svanhildur, and Gudlaug, Svanhildurs daughter. We had a very knowledgeable and funny guide. His name is Sigurdur L?ndal and is a retired professor of law. We walked around and learned about all the important sites of the old Althingi. It was great fun ! But my ankle was killing me afterwards !! Saturday evening I spent with my friends Harpa and Gunna. We played games and chatted until well past 2 !
Sunday: Went for a drive with Ragnar, Hilda and Hilda's brother Heimir. We went birdwatching by Lake Hvaleyrarvatn. We didn't see many species but Ragnar saw a fox. I left my glasses at home so I was to late to spot it :-(

And finally, to top the weekend: My friend Sonja gave birth to a baby boy at 00:29 last night !!! He weighs 2250 g and was 50 cm long. Congratulation Sonja and Bjarni !!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home