Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Went to the graveyard today, to visit the grave of my sisters ex-husband. I couldn't find it so I called the information office and asked for the graveside number of Þorsteinn Þorsteinsson. To my surprise the woman thought that I was talking about a man by the same name that will be buried today. I thought it was an interesting coincidence. The woman on the phone thought so too. She guided me through the maze that is Gufuneskirkjugarður and I finally found the grave, covered with a blanket of snow and a simple white cross to mark it. I haven't been there since the funeral 2. december last year, and it surprised me to see how many new graves had been added. But that is the story of life, we will end the selfsame way. The graveyard was beautiful when covered in snow, very peaceful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home