Monday, March 31, 2003

Great weekend by the way. Went on a jeep-safari withm my workmates. We drove around on the Reykjanes peninsula and stopped at scenic locations. First we stopped by a lake called Djúpavatn. Rumour has it that Geirfinnur is buried there, he was a guy that vanished almost 30 years ago and thus became the center of the most highly publicised murder case in icelandic history. We didn´t find him, even though we had to dogs with us that sniffed around. Oh well. Next we went to Vigdísarvellir, where we stopped briefly and examined an old latrine lying on its side. The next stop was at Selatangar, where we watched the magnificent surf. We also drove to another spot higher up where we watched the surf slamming against the cliffs. Then we decided to head home. On the way back we stopped by lake Grænavatn, a crater lake near Krýsuvík, and then made an attempt to see some hot springs by lake Kleifarvatn, but the ground was too soft for the cars so all we saw was the smoke :-)) Then we went home, tired after a great day. I only napped a short while, then went to a party. The hostess was my friend Magnea. It was quite fun, no heavy drinking, just nice converstations and music. Sunday I visited my friend Júlíana, she baked me a cake :-)) It took me almost an hour to get back home due to an accident on Vesturlandsvegur. Blööh. Finally, to top the weekend, I did the laundry, 3 machines so now we should have plenty of clothes for the coming week !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home